RIGHT when I thought it’s time to switch (back) to gloss, NARS debuts their new Powermatte Lip Pigment 😅. Gloss can wait, right?
NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment ($26 each) is the brand’s first matte liquid lipstick and is full coverage, full of pigmentation (hence the name), and lasts a long time. Available in 20 shades, Powermatte Lip Pigment has a unique doe-foot applicator that’s pointed at the tip so it’s similar to a lip liner and allows you to precisely apply the lip color.
When NARS says lightweight, they mean it. I basically forgot that I was wearing this lip color until it was time to wash off my makeup and I saw it in the mirror. It’s very flexible and comfortable; not drying or crumbly on your lips at all. They’re very fluid and go on like a lip gloss but dry down matte without feeling heavy on the lips or cracking while on lips.
They last a pretty long time (I got about eight hours of wear without anything budging). If you’re going to eat greasy foods, a little may come off in the center of the lips. Another issue I didn’t have but usually have to deal with is layer: these layer beautifully. I didn’t have to wipe off then go back to apply. It doesn’t pill, crumble or fall apart when I reapplied.
Dare I say that NARS just released the best damn liquid lipstick on the market. Fight me.
As I mentioned, there are 20 shades in total (I received 18 of the 20 at a press preview but the descriptions from the press materials are below):
- Get It On: Tan Rose
- American Woman: Chestnut Rose
- Slow Ride: Soft Brown Pink
- Just What I Needed: Burnished Rose
- Walk This Way: Rose Pink
- Get Up Stand Up: Bright Pink Coral
- Give It Up: Fuchsia
- Low Rider: Bright Peachy Pink
- Light My Fire: Vivid Orange Red
- Don’t Stop: Geranium
- Starwoman: Vivid Blue Red
- Just Push Play: Red Currant
- Save The Queen: Dusty Mauve (missing from the swatches)
- Warm Leatherette: Rich Berry Pink (missing from the swatches)
- Under My Thumb: Burgundy
- London Calling: Lilac Pink
- Rock With You: Deep Mulberry
- Done It Again: Chocolate Brown
- Wild Night: Deep Lilac
- Paint It Black: Black
I will be doing a lip swatch video soon on YouTube so subscribe to my channel so you don’t miss it!