My name is Eileen and I’m the blogger behind Miss Whoever You Are.
“You know what’s wrong with you, Miss Whoever-You-Are? You’re chicken. You’re afraid to stick out your chin and say, ‘Okay, life’s a fact.’ People DO fall in love. People do belong to each other. Because that’s the only chance anybody’s got for real happiness.” – Breakfast at Tiffany’s
This quote stuck with me for some odd reason…combine that with the immense amount of free time I had that day I decided to start this dear old blog. The internet has the amazing ability to connect people with interests such as mine and I’ve discovered that mainly through blogging. It is amazing to interact with readers and fellow blog editors everyday with each new post.
100 Things About Moi
1. I was born in December 1987 and embody everything about a Capricorn
2. All of my friends are short
3. That said, I am 5’10” and love my heels
4. I love food but don’t know how to cook. I’m learning!
5. I am tall and thin, but not at all healthy
6. I’m working on it.
7. I love profanity and use it often. I’ve gotten better since this was written in 2011.
8. I will probably offend you
9. I love makeup and am obsessed
10. My first concert ever was B2K with my dad
11. My first CD was ‘Baby, One More Time” by Britney Spears, which my older brother bought for me
12. I hope to get married some day
13. Too bad I’m single and have been for roughly five years now
14. Either way, I still have my wedding planned out
15. The Plaza Hotel will be mine!
16. I want kids
17. But I’m afraid of pregnancy and all that comes with it
18. I suck at math
19. Therefore I studied Communications
20. I HATED my college
21. But I love the friends I’ve made there
22. I work in social media
23. If I wasn’t blogging about beauty, I’d be writing about tech
24. I was born and raised in Brooklyn
25. I LOVE BROOKLYN!
26. I also love Manhattan
27. But tourists bother me
28. I want to live in Paris for at least six months
29. I listen to just about any kind of music but I hate country and heavy metal
30. I have a habit of starting and then not finishing
31. But once I remember, I’m all for it
32. I want to travel more but am terrified of planes
33. I’ve been to Haiti, Paris, England, and Florida
34. I’ve never been to Disney -last time I was in Florida, I got pink eye and couldn’t go
35. I plan to write books someday
36. My first book will be published before I’m 30
37. I’m terrified of dogs
38. But I want a little puppy – a morkie (or schnoodle, Yorkie, toy poodle)
39. I cannot sing
40. I can, however, dance! I’m pretty badass at dancing
41. I’m obsessed with Audrey Hepburn and it took everything in me not to make this fact numero uno
42. My favorite movie of all time is Breakfast at Tiffany’s
43. I want to recreate that opening scene because I’m a cheeseball
44. I love gadgets and techy things
45. I like guys who talk techy things
46. I’d like to learn how to take really amazing photographs
47. I love smart men, preferably older
48. But not too old
49. I love artsy men
50. I love men, period. Sorry mom for being so forward on the internet
51. Are you still reading?
52. I’m a fan of the Oxford comma
53. I love the word NO and say it often
54. I know how to balance my checkbook
55. I just don’t do it
56. I wish I were a teen in the 80s
57. I love synth music! Don’t judge me
58. I don’t think I’m capable of forgiving and forgetting
59. I have a low tolerance for BS and wear my emotions on my sleeve
60. I’ve been told I have resting bitch face. I’m not upset, it’s just my face
61. I want to be rich
62. I have trust issues
63. Maybe that’s why I’m still single?
64. I shop when I’m stressed
65. And happy
66. And bored
67. I want to be better at learn HTML and coding
68. Wow. You’re still here?
69. I’ve always wanted to learn how to knit and crochet
70. I’m not as religious as I want to be
71. I love to read
72. I like guys who read (see point 50)
73. I use humor as a means to cover up how I’m really feeling
74. It actually works
75. I hate the word “nigger”, “nigga” or any variation thereof
76. I like to talk about race
77. I’ve yet to discover my signature anything – scent, lipstick, etc. – and am okay with that
78. I love hearing foreign languages
79. I want to master French and Spanish
80. OH! I’m Haitian
81. And Dominican
82. But mainly Haitian as the Spanish side of my family does not speak to the black side
83. It’s like East Coast v. West Coast, Biggie & Tupac… get it?
84. If my hair isn’t on point, I feel like a slob
85. I’m really shy
86. Until you get to know me – then I don’t shut up
87. I love stuffed animals because that’s not weird at 26
88. You deserve a medal for lasting this long!
89. i love writing in lowercase letters
90. I love anything cheesy- especially cheese fries and grilled cheese sammies
91. It bothers me when people say “sangwich”
92. I hate when people chew with their mouth open
93. Or when they burp excessively without saying “excuse me”
94. i UsEd tO tYpE LiKe tHiS iN hIgH sChOoL
95. I seek mentors in powerful and intelligent women, with or without their knowledge
96. I don’t have the best relationship with my mom but I love her anyway
97. My top five designers: Alexander Wang, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Prabal Gurung, and Phoebe Philo
98. I secretly want to be a model
99. I’m the first in my family to graduate high school and college
100. Proudest achievement ever
It’s hard for me to write a bio but should you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com. If you’d like to send me product, please note that there are NO guarantees of coverage.