I’m so excited to finally announce this: I’ve partnered with Dove and their Purely Pamperingcollection!! Whew! Now that the cat is out of the bag (seriously I’ve been holding this in since about December), I can spill the beans on the brand’s new line of body washes and beauty bars that I’ve been obsessing over the past couple of months.
The Purely Pampering Pistachio Cream with Magnolia smells heavenly in the shower and has quickly become the only thing I use. The scent is soothing and relaxing making it the perfect way to start (and end!) your day. I promise you won’t leave the bathroom smelling like a cookie (although, I mean, that wouldn’t be half bad).
With the intense winter New York experienced, my skin was on another level of dryness so I was beyond happy to learn that the collection combines skin natural moisturizers and gentle cleansers to nourish your skin. Now that the weather is warming up a bit all I need is a relatively light moisturizer since my skin isn’t dried out in the shower (win).
Using the same trusted Dove formula of mild cleansers this is also blended with NutriumMoisture® technology (consists of Soybean Oil, Glycerin and Stearic Acid which are 100% skin natural moisturizers that skin can absorb) to nourish skin with moisture while providing a rich lather and clean rinse.
You notice the difference immediately after a shower because you can feel the softness of your skin. The fact that it’s affordable and available at mass retailers nationwide makes that an added bonus! The collection retails for $6.99 and also comes in three additional scents (Almond Cream with Hibiscus, Coconut Milk with Jasmine Petals, and Shea Butter with Warm Vanilla).
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Dove but all opinions are my own. I respect my readers and only promote products and brands I use and love.
Between packing all of my belongings and an unexpected work trip, it’s been a tad bit busy on the home front so posting here will be a little irregular for the next week or so. Before I depart here are a few things that I’ve been loving, craving, and keeping an eye on:
1. diptyque is launching a new range called the L’Art du Soin Facial Skincare Collection in March and I am lining up to purchase. It consists of five skincare products centered around the Damask Rose that looks absolutely beautiful and since I’m already obsessed with the brand’s body care products I’m sure this will be a hit. I can already hear the Infused Facial Water ($55) calling my name. Available in diptyque boutiques in March.
2. I have the M·A·C Fantasy of Flowers collection staring at me on top of packed boxes just begging to be swatted and reviewed but I know I won’t get around to doing it in a timely fashion (#sadface). While the weather outside continues to be frightful (see what I did there?), this collection allows you to escape for a brief moment. Between the pastel pigments, bright lips, and rose colored blushes, this will make you believe Spring is so close (yet so far!). Available now at M·A·C counters and online.
3. Also by M∙A∙C is the new Viva Glam Rihanna lipstick. I was curious what the shade would look like given that Rih made just about very shade possible in her previouscollections BUT Viva Glam Rihanna is another pretty red. A blue-red with frost finish, this glides on and surprised me since I typically run far, far away from frost finishes. The lipglass is MAC’s signature with RiRi’s red twist. Bonus: every cent of the selling price of VIVA GLAM goes toward helping women, men and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. Available now at M·A·C counters and online.
4. I’m featured in a Dove ad! I’ll be sharing more information soon but holy heck I’m so excited!!
5. NARS has been killing it lately and quite honestly I am here for it. The Final Cut blush collection is/was bananas (follows my “All Pink Everything” motto for life). Now they’ve introduced the Matte Multiple. The Multiple has been a staple in the brands repertoire since it can be used on cheeks, eyes, and lips. Available in seven shades from ginger pink to golden bronze, the Matte Multiple features a creamy, lightweight formula that delivers buildable, long-lasting, hydrating color. Available now online.
Disclosure: I received samples from MAC for editorial consideration.
Guys, this past weekend, I took a much needed trip outside of the city courtesy of Dove® to celebrate the release of the newest scent in their Dove Go collection. We stayed in the StyleCaster StyleHaven (aka their sick Hamptons house) where we noshed on yummy (like, seriously delicious) food prepared by celebrity chef Danielle Saunders (who recently went on tour with Mary J Blige) all while learning about the new product and enjoying a bit of relaxation.
The new scent, Blue Fig and Orange Blossom, is like a mini vacation itself as it fills your bathroom with a fresh scent of – you guess it! – blue fig and orange blossom. While the new products include a body wash and deodorant, I’m smitten with the beauty bar which is hydrating and doesn’t leave your skin feeling dry like some soaps.
The collection is out now at your local drugstore or mass retailer.
Disclosure: I received samples from the PR team for editorial consideration. Photo credit: Aly Lindsay
of course you do and if you said no, you’re a liar! (or you have botox)
For the past month, I’ve been using Dove Clinical Protection to combat the city’s super gross heat. The good news? It works! The bad? It doesn’t last as long as I’d like in extreme heat (for example, 90 degrees + humidity and the NYC subway systems).
Admittedly, I sweat a LOT and am used to it (former athlete and all) so I’m always searching for deodorant that can keep up. I’ve resorted to using men’s products because they work better — and who cares if I smell like a dude all day. Dove Clinical Protection keeps the sweat at bay, leaves me feeling fresh and doesn’t have that icky white residue so I’m not afraid of raising my arm in a sleeveless top. Huzzah!
As I mentioned before, in extreme cases of heat this guy waves the white flag at the end of the day and I don’t blame it. When a product moisturizes, doesn’t irritate my skin post shave and gives me a solid six hours worth of protection, beggars can’t be choosers.
Ain’t nobody dope as me I’m dressed so fresh so clean (So fresh and so clean clean) Don’t you think I’m so sexy I’m dressed so fresh so clean (So fresh and so clean clean) –Outkast
Last week, I attended an event sponsored by Dove to announce their latest addition to the Go Fresh collection, Revive.
Creating a new scent for their products is a rather tedious process that involves many noses and long hours- all to make sure that your pits (and elsewhere) come out smelling pretty dope.
The Revive fragrance is scented with pomegranate and lemon verbena to deliver an invigorating and crisp sensory experience. The full Revive product collection includes body wash, anti-perspirant/deodorant and matching body mist.
Summer Tip: pop the body mist into the fridge overnight and throw it in your bag the next morning. The cold sensation mized with the crispness of the scen will really wake you up!
Dove also announced their three young ladies who won their Go Fresh Correspondent contest a while back.