I know I’ve been MIA this past week and it was totally unplanned! Oops! I needed the week to clear my mind, set some goals and prepare for the new year.
As 2010 peaces out and I reflect on all the accomplishments (and -err mishaps) of this past year, I welcome the New Year and what it has to offer. 2010 was, overall, an amazing year for me. Allow me to share a few of the highlights, shall we? I’m writing this now to avoid the subsequent breakdown of the Internet as everyone tries to log on to every site at the stroke of midnight…
- I GRADUATED COLLEGE!!!! (and avoided being another statistic about Black youth in America).
- I got a JOB after graduation. OHAI real world. And nanny nanny poo poo to everyone who doubted me
- I discovered the Clarisonic. Washing my face will never be the same again.
- We celebrated THREE years of MissWhoever You Are. I may not be featured in Vogue or have designers clamoring to work with me but I’ve had some amazing experiences, met amazing women (and a few dudes too) who I now call friends.
- Fashion Week a.k.a the Super Bowl of fashion
- The birth of my niece
|Here she is at 8 months!!|
As you get ready to fête the night away, don’t forget your must haves mmkay?
— False lashes: Revlon Fantasy Lashes are pretty damn amazing
— Bright lipstick: MAC’s Stylish;y Yours collection has got you covered
— Flawless skin: with all of the pictures that will eventually land on Facebook, it’s imperative your skin look flawless. Revlon PhotoReady foundation is your guy. It got me through 2010 and I’ve stocked up for 2011.
— Blushing beauty: I’m a huge fan of blush but with the bright lips going on, you don’t want too much blush and end up looking like a clown. Grab IMAN Cosmetic’s “Afterglow” for cheeks that will be subtly highlighted and contoured as you wish.
Happy New Year dolls! Thank you for reading, subscribing, tweeting and logging on with me in 2010. Now let’s go get ready to ring in the new year 😉
Please don’t forget that you can still help the people of Haiti, donate to the Red Cross today. Thank you.